MY ROMA DIARY

21:27


Aaaaaaah, Roma, la dolce vita... I can't tell you how much I love Italy and it's just my second time there. I visited Rome in October and the weather was perfect, not too hot and not too cold. It just rained once and just a little bit. Rome is the definition of the word "culture". Indeed, there are so many things to see, so many things to visit that you can't do everything ! Everywhere I went, I had little stars twinkling in my eyes. If you wanna visit the Colosseum and the Vatican Museum, I recommend you to book your tickets in advance, you won't have to queue then (yep, great tip). Anyway, enough talking, here are my favorite spots. First, you have to go to the Trevi Fountain but this place is so crowded so go there early in the morning if you want to make the most of it and take beautiful pictures. Then, go to Piazza Navona, one of the most beautiful places in Rome (my favorite), there are a lot of restaurants, cafés to have a break, a nice spot even though it's a bit expensive. If you want to shop, walk to via del Corso and Via dei Condotti if you're more into luxurious brands. It's a bit busy but the streets are nice. I hated the metro in Roma, there are only two lines and they don't always come... So favor walking, I did it so you can do it. Now I'm gonna give you my favorite adresses to eat. First, you have to try the restaurant "Il Chianti", it's next to the Trevi Fountain, the spot is romantic and really beautiful. Then, what would be a trip to Italy without having an ice cream ? I was craving one so I went to the oldest ice cream maker of Rome: Giolitti and O to the M to the G, best gelati ever ! It was delicious and the chantilly on top was to die for. One of my favorite restaurants during my stay in Rome (I went there twice) was close to my hotel (the Montecarlo Hotel): "Steak House cucina tipica romana dal 1932" on via Montebello. If you want to take beautiful pictures of the Piazza San Pietro, don't forget to go upstairs. If not, you'll miss this view. It was so breathtaking and it's not that pricey, around 8 euros if you take the elevator and only 6 euros if you climb the stairs if I remember. Finally, the Romans are really welcoming and charming. I'm French and I didn't even have to talk in English as they all were fluent in French, so great news ! I definitely had the best Roman holiday ever, I felt like a mix of Audrey Hepburn and Lizzie McGuire. I almost cried when I went to La Bocca Della Verita as it's my favorite moment in Roman Holiday.

You Might Also Like

0 commentaires

Popular Posts